My first research question about my topic of Same Sex marriage is:
Are there any countries that have had success with allowing same sex marriage?
If I had to respond to this question base on my gut emotions or experiences would be yes. There are countries that have had good success with letting gay and lesbian couples get married. I am sure these countries have prevailed and it has helped in society accept it as a whole. I also think these countries have not had a breakdown in society either. Just because these countries have allowed same sex marriage it doesn't mean now people are doing anything they weren't doing before. Every society has sick people who chose to do perverted things. Sadly its way of life and there is no changing that. But marriage is about love and devotion to each other and everyone should be allowed to show that to each other.
I believe the other view to my question is just because they have let gay and lesbian couples get married doesn't mean that these countries have a good society. Also just because these couples are allowed to get married doesn't mean it has made these countries stronger. That if the United States allows gay and lesbian couples to get married this will break down the "family". Some would say that this is not a marriage, because marriage is a covenant between a man and a woman. They would also say that by allowing these couples to get married it will open the door to more perverted ideas. People will want to be able to marry their animals. But this has already gone on and this is a whole other issue, by allowing same sex marriage does allow the other.
I would like to find out about the society in these countries did they accept it easily? Is there any data that can help support making it change here? I would like to also know how has it affected the society in those countries. I will also research what was the impact on society after same sex marriage became legal.
I agree with your side on this topic. I would love to learn more information on the rest of the world legalizing same sex marriage. The rest of questions are the same questions I had as I read through your blog! Good luck researching, and I can't wait to keep checking up on it!
ReplyDeleteJessica Dougherty
I agree with you on this topic! Just because a country has allowed gay marriage doesn't mean that they are any less of a country than those who don't allow it. There would need to be much more research into this topic to see who in the world has legalized same sex marriage and how this has affected their culture, and overall their society. Great post, i will keep reading!
ReplyDelete