Friday, April 5, 2013

Analyzing a Photo



There are 11 countries that are allowing same sex marriage.  The Netherlands was the first in April 2001 they started allowing same sex marriage.  Other countries followed, Spain, Belgium, Sweden, Iceland, and South Africa just to name a few.  Most of these countries do not shock me at all.  I don't like judging, but these countries seem very liberal to me.  They are more accepting of new ideas, and more free when it come sex and another way of life.  We Americans are very prude when it comes to sex.


This photo is from Pairs, France it shows demonstrations that are taking place this week as the French leaders are debating of adopting same sex marriage. I find it very funny of all the countries I would have thought that France had already would be allowing same sex marriage.  These demonstrators are for same sex marriage.  France to me is very liberal, and when it comes to sex, and freely showing skin they are one the first countries that comes to my mind. The rainbow flag has been used in history as a sign of diversity, hope and yearning.  But now days the rainbow flag is a sign of "Gay Pride".


 On the other side of the street was demonstrators that are against passing the law that would allow gay couples to marry.  They looked just as excited and wanted to share their message of what a "Family" should be one man and one woman.



I don't know why but I didn't think that demonstrations like this would take place in France.  It looks something that would take place here in America.  It is right as all people have it to try to let their voice be heard by the law makers of the countries.



The photo used in this post is from:

http://www.demotix.com/news/1615418/anti-gay-wedding-demonstration-staged-paris#media-1615395

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cyndi. I have only been to France once, but from what I was able to gather, you are correct in that they are generally a liberal, socialist-oriented country. That being said, as with any nation, there are still small concentrated pockets of people who hold drastically opposite views, so it does not surprise me very much that gay marriage has not been made legal in France yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw this photo and noticed what language was written on the posters the people were holding up, I was sort of shocked in a way. I hadn't really thought about any other countries fighting for the same thing yet. I like this photo a lot because it shows that people all over the world, not just America, want to allow same sex marriage.I feel like these people should just be allowed to do what they want to do and stop being told that it is "wrong" or "disgusting" for people of the same gender to be married and starting a family with one another. Every one is free to express themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really think this picture captures the battle that wages for homosexual equality in marriage. When you look over all the different faces, some people are happy to be there protesting. Other people there look very angry. I think that's a perfect example of the happiness brought from progression for civil union. On the other hand, people are furious. They have to fight for every bit they get because it's not being given to them.

    ReplyDelete